In short, I provide in-Home Services of Fitness Equipment Assembly, Service, and Repair for York and Cumberland County Residents Only. This includes Treadmills, Ellipticals, Spin Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, and Rowers.
I DO NOT provide services for Gyms, Manufacturers, Dealers, Stores, Businesses, or Middlemen of any type.
I DO NOT service commercial equipment such as Startrack, Cybex or Woodway, etc.
To my knowledge, I am the only independent residential fitness equipment service technician and repairman serving Southern Maine.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT BRANDS THAT I SERVICE
● I specialize in the assembly, parts, service, and repair of residential fitness equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, spin bikes, recumbent bikes, and rowers in Southern Maine (York and Cumberland Counties). I do not service commercial equipment, or provide commercial services for gyms or fitness centers.
● I was a Certified Factory Warranty Repair Technician for all ICON Health & Fitness fitness equipment and now am strictly independent. I diagnose, service, repair, and assemble Treadmills, Ellipticals, Spin Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, and Rower Fitness Equipment. This includes all NordicTrack, ProForm, Reebok, Golds Gym, Epic, FreeMotion, HealthRider, Image, Hidden Grove, LifeStyler, Welder, and Weslo brands.
● I was a Certified Factory Warranty Repair Technician for all Johnson Fitness & Wellness fitness equipment and now am strictly independent. I diagnose, service, repair, and assemble Treadmills, Ellipticals, Spin Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, and Rower Fitness Equipment. This includes all AFG, Fitness Gear, Horizon Fitness, Livestrong, Matrix, Merit, Tempo, Triumph, and Vision Fitness brands.
● I was a Certified Factory Warranty Repair Technician for all Spirit Fitness equipment and now am strictly independent. I diagnose, service, repair, and assemble Treadmills, Ellipticals, Spin Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, and Rower Fitness Equipment. This includes all Fuel Fitness, Spirit, Sole, and Xterra brands.
● I am a Certified Factory Warranty Repair Technician for all Landice fitness equipment, for which I diagnose, service, repair, and assemble all Landice fitness equipment.
BRANDS THAT I DO NOT SERVICE
● I DO NOT SERVICE COMMERCIAL EQUIPMENT such as Cybex, LifeFitness, Precor, Stairmaster, StarTrac, or Woodway.
● I DO NOT SERVICE OBSOLETE EQUIPMENT, which are products out of business, no longer produced, or cannot obtain parts for such as Evo, Healthtrainer, Image, Ironman Pacemaster, Quinton, Smooth Fitness, Sportcraft, Trotter, Trimline, Tunturi, Yowza, or Vitamaster.
● I DO NOT SERVICE brands that I do not have a relationship with for warranty service and/or for parts such as Diamondback, Bowflex, Nautilus, Peloton, and Schwinn.
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE CALLS
All treadmill, elliptical, rower, spin bike, and recumbent bike service calls include diagnostic, cleaning, adjusting, and lubing as needed, as well as any repair when no parts are needed. I charge a flat fee of $95.00 plus parts in my local area for any service calls for the first hour (see my Rates & Area Served). Most service calls take less than one hour.
Please be sure to inspect and/or test your equipment to make sure that you are satisfied with the service before payment, and before I leave. If I need to return at a later time because of some issue, I must charge for another service call.
All treadmill walking belt and/or deck installations are at a flat rate of $149.00 (It is recommended to always replace both the belt and deck at the same time).
I highly recommend that you schedule annual service for your fitness equipment. Especially for treadmills and ellipticals.
All treadmill decks and belts should be lubricated annually at a minimum to extend the life of your treadmill. In addition, the belt and deck should be inspected and an amp draw test performed to determine if the walking belt and/or deck should be replaced. Excessive amp draw caused by a worn belt and/pr deck can cause damage to your electronics resulting in an expensive repair or replacement.
All elliptical axels, bearings, and pivot points should be cleaned and greased on an annual basis to prevent premature wear and expensive re[airs or replacement.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSEMBLY
I can assemble your new treadmill, elliptical, bike, or any type of exercise equipment. The equipment must already be in the room or space in which you intend to use it. As one man I am often unable to move equipment by myself, especially where stairs are involved. The disposal of all packing materials is the responsibility of the owner. The flat rate for all treadmill, elliptical, and bike assemblies is $149.00.
I can also disassemble your treadmill or elliptical for moving and reassemble it at its new location. I do not recommend that inexperienced people or moving companies do this. I have had to repair many treadmills that were damaged by moving companies trying to disassemble or reassemble them.
I do not recommend any of the so-called “White Glove” delivery and installation services. Not only are they more expensive, but I have also seen equipment damaged, or not properly assembled by inexperienced delivery personnel. They typically have several pieces of equipment on their truck that they need to deliver, and potentially assemble that day. They are in a hurry and often use power tools to speed up the assembly. Later when I am called for repairs or for improperly assembly-related issues, I often find damaged equipment. Some of the issues typically found are stripped threads or bolts, and screws the are either missing or overly tightened so that they cannot be removed, or a part needs to be replaced due to improper assembly.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT MOVING
If your treadmill or elliptical requires some disassembly for the move, I do not recommend that you allow a moving company to provide this service (see “Treadmill Assembly” above).
I can disassemble and reassemble your treadmill, but I cannot move it for you.